Sunday, May 22, 2011

Of Gingers and Blood

I ran into that obnoxious reaper today, which of course put quite the dent in my schedule. No matter what, I can always count on Grell Sutcliff for a migraine, some article of ruined clothing, and the compulsion to bathe myself thoroughly. Although, seeing that flamboyant redheaded cur made me think of another peculiar human practice. Their silly belief that “gingers” have no souls.

I have actually partaken of quite a few redheaded souls, so I can tell you from personal experience that "gingers" do indeed have them. Of course, another thing I don’t understand about that foolish misconception, is why they call them “gingers” in the first place. The only ginger I know of is ginger root, which is brown or perhaps a light tan in color. So the only real similarity, I suppose, is when you cut them open they are both pink inside…..My goodness that is a bit morbid, isn’t it?

Well, speaking of being pink on the inside, here are a few helpful steps for removing blood stains from your carpet.


1. The first thing you want to do should be obvious. Do not let it sit in the carpet for a long time. Not only is it quite foul, but it makes the blood harder to get out. So get to the spot fast.


2. Secondly, you have to try and get as much of the blood out as you can. Do NOT use hot water to do this. The water should be cold to barely lukewarm. Make sure that you blot and not scrub. Scrubbing will only grind the stain in.


3. Once you are convinced that you have gotten as much of the blood out as possible, then this next step is what will remove the rest of the blood. Closely follow this next step. Take some hydrogen peroxide and lightly spray the blood spot with it. Get enough on to dampen the fibers. Once this is done, blot the spot with a rag once again.



4. After you have done that, apply some more hydrogen peroxide to the spot and let it sit for as long as is needed until the spot is out. Sometimes this process is relatively quick, other times it can take an hour or so. Once the blood spot is no longer visible, take some warm water and rinse the spot thoroughly.



I hope you find these steps useful. Though why you would have the need to use them is questionable isn’t it?

Until next time, I bid you all farewell

1 comment:

  1. I AM NOT GINGER MY HAIR IS RED NOT GINGER!!!

    Oh Sebaschan you wound me with your words! How devilishly cold you are!

    ReplyDelete